2010 GodsDJs Black Friday Remix Contest – The Fountain

Home Forums Electronic Music Production 101 Remix Contests 2010 GodsDJs Black Friday Remix Contest – The Fountain

This topic contains 111 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of L4Z3R L4Z3R 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Rodimus
    Keymaster

GODSDJS 2010 BLACK FRIDAY REMIX CONTEST
    ****************************************************************************************************************
    Godsdjs 2010 Black Friday Remix Contest results!!!!
    First place goes to DJ Jireh
    Second Place goes to JustinTime
    Congratulations to you both! For the rest of the contestants we are offering you guys to have the opportunity to have your track put on christiandancemusic.net in the free section. If you are interested in this please send your track @ 320kbps to productions@godsdjs.com. Thank you all for your voting and support!

****************************************************************************************************************
    After a very successful remix contest back in 2009, GodsDJs.com and Deeplife Records are proud to officially announce the Black Friday 2010 Remix Contest! However, this time around will be a little different as we have more than tripled our member base and now as a result have many more talented producers. Previously our remix contest featured the track “Intimacy” written and sung by Nate Marialke and this time we have been blessed with vocals from singer songwriter Jessica Montgomery.

Prizes will include:

First Place: $250 (USD), along with your remix being released on Deeplife records as the featured track on The Future Sound of Worship Volume 2.

Second Place: A $50 Beatport gift card, along with the release of your track on the official GodsDJs EP feat. Jessica Montgomery – The Fountain remix (more details to come).

- Judging will be done by a panel of judges comprised of some of the GodsDJs staff members. If you have any questions about the judging process please e-mail Joshua Laya (aka DJ Faith) at productions@godsdjs.com.

- You will have from November 26th to January 31st to create and submit your track. The Black Friday 2010 Remix Contest closes at Midnight (EST) on January 31.

To enter the contest, preview the remixes, or vote for your favorite track please visit the official contest page below. You will also find the full rules and details about the judging process and how your votes will help narrow down the top finalists.

http://www.godsdjs.com/remix.html

There is a $1.00 charge to enter the contest. The money will be used to cover prize costs and futuer promotions.

We here at GodsDJs are very excited to be able to produce this event and we pray that the Lord will be praised by the resulting music created and that your producing careers will be blessed as well.

graphite412
    Participant

A couple questions. Is there a solid BPM for this track? It seems that the singing track was not to a click track. Number two, am I eligible for the prizes for this remix since I’m a global moderator?

Rodimus
    Keymaster

well as for the bpm im not exactly sure sorry )-: and yes you are eligible.

Rodimus
    Keymaster

ok guys, the contest started 5 days ago and we only have 15 people who’ve entered and 4 of them aren’t elligible for the prizes.

this is a call the all producers!

join to contest today!

graphite412
    Participant

4 of them aren’t elligible for the prizes.

Oh snaps! Do they know this?

justintime
    Participant

Well I just got FL Studio Producer Edition this past week…but im not sure Lol…Still a beginner producer :? lol But hey why not?! ima go for it! :D lol

justintime
    Participant

@justintime wrote:

Well I just got FL Studio Producer Edition this past week…but im not sure Lol…Still a beginner producer :? lol But hey why not?! ima go for it! :D lol

Good practice too! ;)

Rodimus
    Keymaster

for sure glad to see you’re in!

DJ Jireh

Does anyone know what the BPM on this is? Looks like its gonna be quite fast :)

Rodimus
    Keymaster

aim for somewhere in the 130′s please…

not much faster then that ;)

DJ Jireh

Ok chaps, here you go:

Original was at 78 BPM
    If you want to remix it you probably gonna double that speed, but it 156 BPM which is way too fast!!!

Not too sure how to get it between 130-140 without it sounding too stretchy….

Does anyone know?

djfaith033
    Participant

The Original BPM is as follows:
    it bounces around 67-70 but mostly hits 70. If you double 70 you get 140 and that will be ideal for you trance heads. Maybe fast electro. If anyone has purchased the vocals and needs help getting them to your tempo email me and I can send them to you at the tempo you want. I am doing a progessive house remix (or going to) and all I have done so far is double the BPM to 140 then went down on my master BPM’s to 128. I could do this using ableton’s warp marker feature. If you have any questions or need help give me a e-mail here: productions@godsdjs.com

djdunamis
    Participant

@djrodimus wrote:

what? no 170 BPM Drum & Bass? :lol:

Rodimus
    Keymaster

@djdunamis wrote:

@djrodimus wrote:

what? no 170 BPM Drum & Bass? :lol:

go for it dun!

this isnt a trance only contest :D

justintime
    Participant

It might have to be 170 BPM bc there is like 5 verses :? :!: lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.