..
..
..

In Shock…


Home Forums Prayer, Praise, & Testimonies In Shock…

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of djdunamis djdunamis 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22195

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    hey guys, so I just for the first time sat down and tallied up all the costs for the event and cd production and I’m a bit in shock at the amount that this is costing GodsDjs / me :o

    everything is fine though so no worries! :)

    but please pray for good cd / tshirt / poster / sticker sales so we can re-coup some of the costs!

    and really even if we didn’t sell one single shirt or cd it would all still be worth it because we are getting together for worship not business. unfortunantly though putting together a large scale worship event costs alot of $$$ :?

    #34110
    Avatar of Frankie Vibe
    Frankie Vibe
    Member

    Will do and I just believe that He will bring those who need to truly see a out the box ministry at work and doing well as we are here at Godsdjs.com.

    Frankie Vibe

    #34111
    Avatar of graphite412
    graphite412
    Participant

    why is doing a worship deal going to cost a lot of $$$$ ?

    #34112

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    well…

    we have to rent turn tables and a mixer, light truss and lighting. we had to pay for flyers, posters, cds, and shirts…

    and most churches charge for events luckily mine doesn’t.

    so it adds up pretty quickly.

    #34113
    Avatar of graphite412
    graphite412
    Participant

    Can the guys not bring their own stuff, or can someone not bring their own gear?

    #34114

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    no they can’t no one has thier own stuff lol. they all play on the clubs equipment.

    seriously. i’m the only one that has equipment and its a mp3 midi controller and the other guys can’t play on that. they need cdj1000s which were either $4000.00 to buy or $300 to rent. And what made it hard was this weekend is music fest so all the cdjs were rented out everywhere and i had to pay extra to get some.

    #34115
    Avatar of Cris-N
    Cris-N
    Member

    errr.. i bet they can play on something else then cdj1000 :p get cdj200′s for rent.. those cost barely anything :) even if ya just buy em… it cost as much as hiring cdj1000 :p

    but erm.. really.. why cant guys that are used to pro equitment play with a simple controller? it is sooooooooo much easier.. and assuming its house/electro/trance played on the worship? thats perfect for most controllers as they often have software that only support up to 150 bpm.

    i had a house fire couple years ago and went from 2x pioneer mk3 + 1x denon s5000 + 1x cdj200 + mccrypt 4 channel mixer to well.. wot i got now.. a behringer bcd2000…. i just use all i learned on the pro stuff on this thing and aslong as i dun go over 150 bpm it works fine.. gotta complain to behringer bout that though but ow well.. if the artists you book have some compassion roddy :) they should just get used to it and go wif wot you got. it aint to hard. they just need to set the cd’s/vinyl to mp3′s which aint to hard.

    either way… there are things you can save on i guess :) i dunno if the dj’s charge cash..? also a post to safe on.. we done an event not long ago and most of the dj’s played for free.. some wanted travling expenses which is understandable :) theres many ways to make it cost less :) pm me if ya need some tips on organising stuff maybe i can help somehow :)

    #34116
    Avatar of djdunamis
    djdunamis
    Participant

    @djrodimus wrote:

    we have to rent turn tables and a mixer, light truss and lighting.

    well next year, I’ll just drive and bring mine, I got that.

    #34117

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    @Cris-N wrote:

    errr.. i bet they can play on something else then cdj1000 :p get cdj200′s for rent.. those cost barely anything :) even if ya just buy em… it cost as much as hiring cdj1000 :p

    but erm.. really.. why cant guys that are used to pro equitment play with a simple controller? it is sooooooooo much easier.. and assuming its house/electro/trance played on the worship? thats perfect for most controllers as they often have software that only support up to 150 bpm.

    i had a house fire couple years ago and went from 2x pioneer mk3 + 1x denon s5000 + 1x cdj200 + mccrypt 4 channel mixer to well.. wot i got now.. a behringer bcd2000…. i just use all i learned on the pro stuff on this thing and aslong as i dun go over 150 bpm it works fine.. gotta complain to behringer bout that though but ow well.. if the artists you book have some compassion roddy :) they should just get used to it and go wif wot you got. it aint to hard. they just need to set the cd’s/vinyl to mp3′s which aint to hard.

    either way… there are things you can save on i guess :) i dunno if the dj’s charge cash..? also a post to safe on.. we done an event not long ago and most of the dj’s played for free.. some wanted travling expenses which is understandable :) theres many ways to make it cost less :) pm me if ya need some tips on organising stuff maybe i can help somehow :)

    all our djs are playing for free even those that make $1000+ per show normally…(-:

    and belive it or not MOST professional djs aren’t comfortable using a controller. so for them to fly out and not get paid and spend $500-1000 on thier own plane tickets and hotel i think the least we can do is get the turntables that they are all requesting…

    #34118

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    @djdunamis wrote:

    @djrodimus wrote:
    we have to rent turn tables and a mixer, light truss and lighting.

    well next year, I’ll just drive and bring mine, I got that.

    sounds good man

    #34119
    Avatar of MPH
    MPH
    Keymaster

    I don’t think most of us stop to consider the cost for keeping this wonderful meeting place up on the www. I’m glad we have the leadership here to keep it going strong for years to come. That’s superb your church doesn’t charge to use it for this event, that shows a true spirit of God/ministry. Yeah it’s sad that money sneaks into the equation on about everything but it’s how the physical/material aspect of the world works. God will provide all this as long as we are faithful with what we are given.

    #34120
    Avatar of Cris-N
    Cris-N
    Member

    @djrodimus wrote:

    @Cris-N wrote:
    errr.. i bet they can play on something else then cdj1000 :p get cdj200′s for rent.. those cost barely anything :) even if ya just buy em… it cost as much as hiring cdj1000 :p

    but erm.. really.. why cant guys that are used to pro equitment play with a simple controller? it is sooooooooo much easier.. and assuming its house/electro/trance played on the worship? thats perfect for most controllers as they often have software that only support up to 150 bpm.

    i had a house fire couple years ago and went from 2x pioneer mk3 + 1x denon s5000 + 1x cdj200 + mccrypt 4 channel mixer to well.. wot i got now.. a behringer bcd2000…. i just use all i learned on the pro stuff on this thing and aslong as i dun go over 150 bpm it works fine.. gotta complain to behringer bout that though but ow well.. if the artists you book have some compassion roddy :) they should just get used to it and go wif wot you got. it aint to hard. they just need to set the cd’s/vinyl to mp3′s which aint to hard.

    either way… there are things you can save on i guess :) i dunno if the dj’s charge cash..? also a post to safe on.. we done an event not long ago and most of the dj’s played for free.. some wanted travling expenses which is understandable :) theres many ways to make it cost less :) pm me if ya need some tips on organising stuff maybe i can help somehow :)

    all our djs are playing for free even those that make $1000+ per show normally…(-:

    and belive it or not MOST professional djs aren’t comfortable using a controller. so for them to fly out and not get paid and spend $500-1000 on thier own plane tickets and hotel i think the least we can do is get the turntables that they are all requesting…

    fair nuff :)
    its in ma prairs ;) hope ya be able to pull it off :)

    #34121

    Rodimus
    Keymaster

    thanks :D

    #34122
    Avatar of djdunamis
    djdunamis
    Participant

    @ecliptik wrote:

    Dunamis, you have a pair of CDJ’s?

    use to have a pair of CDJ-1000 MK1′s. Sold them thinking I’ll just be using Traktor Scratch for now on, but wound up wishing I never sold them cause of two gigs afterwords and that I would of liked to use them as controllers for Traktor. I’ll get another pair one day.

    In relation to my response to Nate bout bringing my equipment, I can bring vinyl turntables, couple of mixers, sound system, and have couple of scanners and moving head lights with light tree and light truss. I just have a small setup, well lights, sound is mixer, two amps, four mains, two “W” 18″ subs. :lol:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.